Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Does it really have to be like that?

So, I am just winding down from day 3 at Disney World. The songs are still rattling around in my head and everyone I see seems to have some kind of exaggerated movement and amplified voice. I have met at least five princesses. So I know what you're thinking - another slam of the mouse, but that's really not where I'm at. I actually think Disney is brilliantly conceived - the rides, the shows, the parades, the exceptionally awesome selection of greasy food, the massive organization required to put on this display day in and day out 365 days a year? Outstanding. My girls loved it. I loved that they loved it. I couldn't help but smile while I was there (well except for Epcot, but that's for another day)

But...

The crowds. Seriously, what planet do these people come from?

You know the ones I mean. The gate runners, the gate-pushers, the line-cutters, the dodgers, the pushers, the family-joiners, the six wides, the oversized, the undersized, the ten year old in a stroller, the show and ride texters (seriously, who texts while a country bear is having a jamboree?), the sudden stoppers, the slow walkers, the stroller kickers, the upstream swimmers, the bewildered numbskulls, the foot steppers, the backpack whackers, the unapologetic kid-smackers, the loud talkers, the walking video and photograph takers, the washed and unwashed. We were pushed and jostled and forced to run a slalom from the moment we got out of our car until the moment we got back into it.

I know it's a small world after all, but does it have to be so full of yahoos?

Have a magical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment